So I'm reading an article today on Newsvine regarding men's opinion on what their girliest habit is. I'm intrigued, yet already aggravated about the comments I'm going to get from "friends" as they attempt to identify my own habits.
"Hello kettle", says the pot. "You're black!"
1. Diet Coke: while I don't drink it often anymore, can anyone tell me why this is considered a feminine drink? So I like to drink it wearing high heels, again, is this really cause for concern?
2. Closet: I button the top button on every shirt and, normally, make sure that all my shirts are facing the same direction. My friends (and wife) love to harass me for this one. This is possibly more metrosexual than girly. Either way, I look good in a vintage cut wife-beater.
3. Shoes: I'm at the point where I honestly feel like I need about 10 pairs of shoes to dress properly. This concerns even me. I like to say that I have discriminating tastes. I mean my Madden's are great, but they're not going to look as good in a short skirt as my stilettos. Especially in a micro-mini with a crop top. You know it.
4. Crying: The truth is, every Sunday night during Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, I get something in my eye and must quickly exit the room. I can't help it! But it doesn't make me girly. Coincidentally, my eyes also fill with debris while watching The Notebook.
5. Music: So I own every Barbara Streisand record and they're framed on my wall. Does this make me girly? FYI - I'm trying to locate vintage Carly Simon records. If you have any you'd like to get rid of, do tell.
I suppose I'll stop there. I just need to relax, kick off my heels, sip some Diet Coke, watch The Notebook, and have a good cry. It's a Calgon Moment if I've ever had one. Maybe I'll go for a walk on the beach later. Well, on second thought, it's cool out and I didn't bring my shawl to cover my shoulders.
Well, anyway, you can clearly see that femininity has no place here. But maybe you're different. So I pose this question: Guys, what are your girly habits. And Ladies, what are your manly habits?
Oprah says that if you let it all out it will feel better. I mean, not that I watch Oprah Monday through Friday at 4PM or anything.